The West Virginia University community is currently developing its 2020 Strategic Plan for the Future. As part of this, each college or unit is implementing a process to phase its plans into the University’s. Volunteers from the Davis College faculty and Administrative Team have agreed to lead open forum discussions on the following goals:
- Engage undergraduate, graduate and professional students in a challenging academic environment
- Excel in research, creativity and innovation
- Foster diversity and an inclusive culture
- Advance international activity and global engagement
- Enhance the well-being and quality of life for the people of West Virginia
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend and share their ideas. The first two sessions will be held on the following days:
Engage undergraduate, graduate and professional students in a challenging academic environment
Forum led by Denny Smith and Holly Lentz
Friday, April 1
12:00 to 1:30 p.m.
2001 Agricultural Sciences Building
Excel in research, creativity and innovation
Forum led by Tim Phipps and Jim Anderson
Monday, April 11
9:00 to 10:30 a.m.
335 Percival Hall.
Lunch will be served at the April 1 session. Dates and times for other forums are still being scheduled and will be announced soon.
Each forum should establish specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely (SMART) goals for implementing the objectives. Please come prepared to discuss the following:
- Discuss the nature of the goal/objective
- What can the Davis College contribute to the implementation of the goal/objective?
- What unique contributions can the Davis College make to the implementation of the goal/objective?
- What are the next steps to implementation of the goal/objective strategies in the Davis College?
- What resources are needed (provide a budget) to implement goal/objective strategies in the Davis College?
- How will the goal/objective strategies be evaluated?
For more information on WVU’s 2020 Strategic Plan, please click here.